- Federally Incorporated Companies - This database lets you search by corporate name or incorporation number for those companies that are incorporated at the federal level. Basic information on each corporation is given.
- Canadian Public Company Filings - Also known as SEDAR (Securities Electronic Document Analysis & Retrieval) This web site contains all filings by Canadian public companies. You can search the database, or go straight to company profiles. You can also look at the most recent filings.
- Canadian Importers Database - This site provides lists of the companies (with geographical locations) that import goods into Canada . You can search by a specific product, and identify the top importers from any Canadian city or foreign country.
- Barrie GIS Portal - Use maps to find commercial and industrial properties for sale or lease in Barrie.
- City of Barrie. Invest Barrie.
- Henry Bernick Centre for Entrepreneurship
- Barrie Chamber of Commerce
- Barrie Entrepreneurs Connect
- Nottawasaga Futures : South Simcoe Business Directory
- Oro-Medonte Chamber of Commerce
- Simcoe Country Young Professionals Association - a group of young professionals that hold networking events
- Small Business Centre Barrie, Simcoe County and Orillia (SBC). Provides assistance and support to start-up and early stage businesses.
- Small Business Connect - A free network of local businesses working together to help you get what you need for your business. Hosts informal meetings weekly where you can network and connect with other businesses, share ideas and grow.
- WINGS and HEROES : Mentors in Motion
- YMCA Summer Company for youth enterpreneurs
Marketing and News Sources
- Canadian Business - This journal covers the Canadian business community
- Corporate Knights - This quarterly journal takes a hard look at the ethical side of corporate management. They have a list of the 50 Best Corporate Citizens and an annual RRSP issue.
- Free Map Tools - This generates a list of postal codes from an area selected on a map.
- Ivey Business Journal - Published by the University of Western Ontario 's business school, this journal covers topics such as strategy, leadership, global business, workplace and organization change, marketing, governance, innovation, and social responsibility.
- Marketing Teacher - This site covers the gamut of marketing in its online tutorials. Each lesson has exercises (with answers) included and takes around half an hour to complete.
- Media Smarts : Canada's Centre for Digital and Media Literacy - Canadian non-profit with a focus on educating and providing information tools on how media works
- Millie - Millie contains at-a-glance market and competitive intelligence on international industries. Information is presented on industry dashboards featuring news content, statistics and links to additional topics.
- Report on Business Magazine - Published monthly as a supplement to the Globe and Mail, the journal covers many aspects of Canadian business, and includes rankings.
- SICCode - search for Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) and North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) codes. These codes are used to describe what a business does and can be useful for searching business databases and directories.
Research and Statistics
- Industry Canada: Business Information by Sector
- Industry Canada: Business Tools and Resources - Includes links to BizPal, SME Benchmarking Tool (formerly Performance Plus), Small Business Research and Policy, and other IC sites
- Industry Canada: Canadian Industry Statistics
- Industry Canada: Financial Performance Data - With Financial Performance Data (formerly SME Benchmarking Tool) you can view financial data based on industry averages, with an option to include your own income statement and balance sheet information in the report.
- Statistics Canada : Census Profiles - Demographic statistics from the 2011 Census of Population and the 2011 National Household Survey (NHS) Profile from the Census of Canada.
- Statistics Canada: Statistics by Subject - Business Performance and Ownership
- World Economic Outlook - This briefing, produced by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) gives economic analysis and projections for a number of countries as well as at the global level. There is access to tables and figures for many types of data.
Small Business and Business Plans
- Business Development Bank of Canada - Provides financial and referral services for entrepreneurs at every stage of development.
- Canada Business Network - Government Services for Canadian Businesses - Government resources information for businesses and entrepreneurs, including financing, government program and regulations.
- Canada Business Ontario - Partnership between the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario that provides free access to information for business.
- Ontario Ministry of Economic Development and Innovation - Comprehensive information on government services for Ontario's small business owners and entrepreneurs.
- RBC Royal Bank - Business plans at RBC Royal Bank
- Scotia Bank - ScotiaBank business plans
- Small Business Enterprise Centres - Provides support services to start-up and small businesses during their first through fifth years of development and operation
- TD Business Planner - TD Canada Trust - Business Planner