Diseases, Nutrition and Public Health
- Consumer and Patient Health Information - Top 100 List - An annotated page of health web sites you can trust from the Medical Library Association.
- Internet Mental Health - Canadian site offering information on mental illnesses, medications, etc., with links to other mental health sites.
- Mayo Clinic - Provides useful and up-to-date information on diseases, syndromes and conditions from the Mayo Clinic.
- MEDLINE plus - Provides consumer health information about many diseases and conditions as well as links to information from the US National Institutes of Health, medical dictionaries, various consumer health libraries, and lists of clinical trials.
- MentalHelp.Net - Guide to mental health, psychology and psychiatry online.
- NutritionData - Provides nutrition facts and calorie counts for analyzing your diet and making healthy choices; includes fast food restaurant food analysis.
- Public Health Agency of Canada - Timely, trusted and credible public health information on healthy living, disease and injury prevention.
- WebMD - Provides information on conditions, diseases, treatments, including links to relevant websites.
Child and Teen
- About Kids' Health - Trusted answers from the Hospital for Sick Children (Toronto). Providing families with reliable information on topics influencing child health and family quality of life.
- Canadian Paediatric Society - Child health information from Canada's paediatric experts.
- KidsHealth - Doctor-approved, accurate, up-to-date, and jargon-free health information about children from before birth through adolescence.
Men and Women
- Canadian Women's Health Network - Information about improving the health and lives of girls and women in Canada and the world by sharing knowledge, ideas, education and strategies
- Male Health Center - Wide range of men's health issues from the first center in the United States specializing in male health.
- Men's Health Center - A non-profit educational organization comprised of physicians, researchers, public health workers, individuals and other health professionals committed to improving the health and wellness of men.
- Women's Health Matters - Reliable, evidence-based and up-to-date information on women's health from the Sunnybrook and Women's College Health Sciences Centre, Toronto.
Medical Test and Drugs
- Drug Digest - A noncommercial consumer health and drug information site.
- Harvard Diagnostic Tests - Information from the Harvard Medical School on a wide variety of diagnostic procedures, including MRI, colonoscopy, ultrasound and mammography.
- Lab Tests Online - Designed to help patient or caregiver better understand clinical lab tests, as well as diagnosis and treatment of a broad range of conditions and diseases.
- RxList - Detailed information about prescription drugs.